Special requirements. Special solutions.
Piping systems must meet diverse requirements. It is particularly important for pipe that is transporting chemicals to meet the specifications that ensure safe operation.
Polypropylene aquatherm blue pipe and aquatherm green pipe have a very high chemical resistance. The products also feature high temperature resistance and pressure strength and are available as pre-insulated piping systems suitable for above and below ground installations.
aquatherm pipes are resistant to many acids and alkalis, but every case must be checked carefully. For an overview of common chemicals visit [link overview table, blue pipe catalogue p. 92-100].
In addition, chemical resistance must always be considered in conjunction with other factors such as operating temperature, operating pressure, or external stresses. Our expert team is happy to take care of your individual inquiry.
aquatherm blue pipe
- high chemical resistance
- no corrosion
- virtually leak-free over the entire life cycle as a fully heat-fused system
- no dissolution of sealing rings or splices
- high volume flows due to dimensions up to DN 500
- low system pressures (10 bar) allow for fibre-reinforced polypropylene pipes
- lower thermal expansion than conventional plastics (only 0.035 mm/mK)
- more durable than steel and less expensive than stainless steel
- environmentally friendly and recyclable
- more favourable CO2 balance in production than steel or stainless steel
aquatherm green pipe
suitable for potable water
heat / sound insulating properties
limited thermal length expansion
excellent heat fusion properties
high impact resistance
high natural insulation value
aquatherm pipes and fittings are connected using heat fusion, which melts the pipe and fittings into a homogeneous, cohesive unit. It also creates double material thickness at the joint, providing additional safety at these critical points of a piping system. A properly executed aquatherm fusion creates a permanent, virtually leakproof connection.
Depending on the pipe dimensions, heat fusion may be accomplished using socket fusion, butt fusion, or electrofusion.
Contact: aquatherm GmbH | Biggen 5 | 57439 Attendorn Germany | Tel: +49 2722 950 0 | email@example.com