aquatherm green has not only revolutionised the plastic piping sector, but has been shaping it for decades. Due to its excellent ecological properties, the innovative all-round talent made of corrosion-resistant polypropylene shows its advantages, especially in the field of drinking water applications: It is completely free of heavy metals and toxic chemicals. aquatherm green is also ideally suited for swimming pools, agriculture, shipbuilding or the transport of potable water, taking into account its chemical resistance. A form-fit and material-fit means a secure connection is created due to the very good welding properties.
AQUATHERM GREEN MF
The composite pipes produced in the multi-layer extrusion process get an increased stability due to the fibre filling inserted in the middle layer.Read more »
The composite pipes produced in the multi-layer extrusion process get an increased stability due to the fibre filling inserted in the middle layer.
Numerous other advantages result from this technology: The linear expansion is reduced by 75% compared to conventional PP pipes. The flow rate is increased by 20% at the same pressure conditions due to lower wall thicknesses. The coefficient of linear expansion is almost identical to that of metallic pipelines, so that, compared to all-plastic pipes, support spacing can be increased and fastening clamps can be saved. In addition: lighter in weight, high impact strength and easy to use (cut and weld).
AQUATHERM GREEN UV
Pipes made of fusiolen® are normally not exposed to the effects of UV rays when installed. Pipes made of fusiolen® are normally not exposed to the effects of UV rays when installed. To bridge the transport and installation time, aquatherm polypropylene pipes and fittings are packed UV-protected. The maximum storage time outdoors is 6 months. For outdoor pipe installation, aquatherm offers polypropylene multilayer pipes with a UV-layer of polyethylene. This prevents the occurrence of damaging influences by sun rays.
Read more »
Pipes made of fusiolen® are normally not exposed to the effects of UV rays when installed. To bridge the transport and installation time, aquatherm polypropylene pipes and fittings are packed UV-protected. The maximum storage time outdoors is 6 months. For outdoor pipe installation, aquatherm offers polypropylene multilayer pipes with a UV-layer of polyethylene. This prevents the occurrence of damaging influences by sun rays.
aquatherm polypropylene pipe systems put an end to corrosion damages. All materials are corrosion resistant and show reduced flow noise compared to metallic pipes. aquatherm pipes are impermeable to light. Therefore there is no danger of algae formation.
The systems include all elements for the pipe system installation for chilled, hot fluid and various industrial applications:
• Pipes in straight lengths and / or coils
• Flanged joints
• Water point connections and accessories
• Welding devices and machines
• Weld-in saddles
• Shut-off devices
• Cutting and peeling tools
• Installation guide and fastenings
• Transition joints from PP to metal or from metal to PP
When integrating aquatherm piping systems with other systems or components not made of polypropylene (e.g. valves, pumps, other piping, check valves, strainers, etc), care must be taken to ensure the operating parameters for polypropylene won’t damage the other materials or vice versa. Be aware that even if the aquatherm pipe is compatible with the fluid being transported, other materials in the system may not be. All parts of the system must be verified as compatible with the medium being carried before installing them. And, while the aquatherm pipe does not require treatment to protect it from corrosion, metals (ferrous and non-ferrous) in the system may be susceptible to corrosion. Do not mix the aquatherm pipe with other piping systems in conditions that will cause the other system or components to fail.
Questions that customers often ask about AQUATHERM BLUE
Where can aquatherm blue be used?
Which pipe types are available from aquatherm blue?
How can I purchase aquatherm blue?
What fire protection solutions are offered for aquatherm blue?
The aquatherm polypropylene pipe systems comply with the requirements of the fire classification B2 DIN 4102 (normal inflammable). Compared to natural products like wood, cork or wool, aquatherm polypropylene pipes do not produce any gas toxicity. In case of fire, there is no risk of dioxin emissions.
To avoid fire and smoke transmission aquatherm advises the use of fire retardant seals. The fire resistance period is the minimum period in minutes. The extent of the preventive measures depends on the type of installation. The determining of fire areas and fire classification has to be made in accordance with the law of the country. Information is given by the Planning Department and Building Control Office or the Fire Protection Representative.
Basically fire walls and ceilings with pipe passages have to be installed to the same fire resistance classification. All fire protection systems with a corresponding classification are suitable for aquatherm polypropylene pipes.
The following companies offer suitable fire protecion solutions:
Conlit 150 U:
GmbH & Co. KG
Rockwool Straße 37-41
Tel: +49 2043 408 0
Hilti Deutschland AG
Hiltistrasse 2 · 86916 Kaufering
Tel: +49 800 888 · www.hilti.de
- TrinkwV-2000 Regulation for Potable Water
- DIN 2000 Central drinking water supply-Guidelines regarding requirements for drinking water, planning, construction,operation and maintenance of plants
- EnEV Decree for Energy Saving
- DIN 1988 Standard for Potable Water Installations
- ISO 10508 Plastic pipe systems for hot and cold water installation – Guideline for classification and dimensioning
- All provided pipe-systems correspond to the technical conditions of the application classes acc. to ISO 10508 for the field of potabel water and heating. aquatherm green pipe for the classes 1, 2 (potable water), aquatherm blue pipe for the classes 4 and 5 (heating).
- For the application of the classification system (acc. to ISO 10508) the national regulations and the manufacturer¢•s instructions must be considered.
- DIN 4109 Standard for the Elimination of Noise in the Field of Structural Engineering
- DIN 18381 Installation of Gas, Water and VOB Part C Sewage Pipes inside Buildings
- DIN 16928 Pipe Connections, Fittings, Installation
- DVS 2207 Welding of Thermoplastics
- DVS 2208 Welding Machines and Devices for Thermoplastics
- General quality requirements, dimensions
- DIN 8077 Polypropylene (PP) Pipes, Dimensions
- DIN 8078 Polypropylene (PP) Pipes, General Quality Requirements
- DIN 16962ff Pipe Joint Assemblies and Fittings for Polypropylene Pressure Pipes
- DIN EN ISO 15874ff Plastic pipe systems for hot and cold water installation; polypropylene
- DVGW-Working sheets
- DIN EN ISO 9000 ff.
Systemspecific standards: Hygiene
BfR Federal Institute for risk assignment
- Health assessment of plastics and non-metallic materials within the framework of the law for foods and commodity goods for potable water applications
DVGW-working sheet W 270
- Increase of Microorganism on Materials. Used for Potable Water Applications – Test and Evaluation BS 6920
- “Suitability of non-metallic products for use in contact with water intended for human consumption with regard to their effect on the quality of water.”
- Local regulations and codes of practice must be observed. The same goes for regulations regarding the use of chemicals.
- *(Additional regional decrees and recommendations are disregarded.)
aquatherm polypropylene pipes may be stored outside at any temperature. A solid base for the pipe is very important to avoid a deformation of the pipes while in transport and storage.
At temperatures below 0 °C it is possible to damage the pipes through strong impacts. The material has to be treated with caution at low temperatures. Inspite of its high resistance aquatherm pipes should be treated with care. UV-radiation has effects on all high polymer plastics. Do not store permanently outdoor. The maximum permissible storage time outdoors is 6